Date Effective: October 1, 2017Our Commitment to your Privacy
Most of the information we collect comes from our consumers via phone calls or our website through the application process. We also collect information from other sources, such as public records and credit repositories. During the course of processing your application, we may accumulate non-public personal financial information about your income, your assets, and your credit history necessary to make an informed decision about granting you credit. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you.
Our website is not designated for or directed to children under the age of 13. Personally Identifiable Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13 is not collected.
Why and How We Collect your InformationAnonymous Information
Our website tracks usage data to not only personalize your experience, but also collect aggregate data to improve our site and offerings. Anonymous information collected during your browsing session includes your IP address, your browser type and version, your operating system and which page(s) you are viewing. Anonymous information does not identify you personally.Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you. During the online application process a wide variety of personal and financial data is collected. Such Personally Identifiable Information may include:
- Debt Information (Credit Card/Loan Account Numbers and Balances)
- Personal Information (Social Security Number, Address, Phone, Email, Salary, Employer, Occupation)
- Demographic Information (Age, Birth Date, Gender)
- Financial Information (Assets, Income, Expenses)
This information is used to apply for a loan or mortgage and you must provide the required Personally Identifiable Information on the corresponding online forms and physical documents.
Your personal information is used to provide you with services you have specifically requested and to inform you about other services or information you may be interested in. If you do not complete the online application, your information may be used for internal analysis. We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
We will retain your information as needed to provide you with services. If you wish to cancel your application or request that we no longer use your information to provide you with services, you may contact us by submitting an online form. We will retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes.Sharing Personal Information
Personally Identifiable Information about you, as well as email addresses, will be disclosed to third parties only as described in our Privacy Notice. We do not share, sell, rent or trade your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their promotional purposes. When Meridian Home Mortgage Corporation shares your personal information with vendors and service providers who perform functions on our behalf, we require that your information be kept secure and confidential.Submitting Forms Online
Information you provide via electronic forms on the Meridian Home Mortgage website is secure and encrypted in most instances. Website pages that request Personally Identifiable Information are protected by GeoTrust 256-Bit Encryption. In other words, it is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches Meridian Home Mortgage. You may check that your web session is secure by looking for a small lock symbol usually located to the left of the website address bar. Current versions of leading web browsers indicate when a web page is encrypted for transmission through this symbol. You may also look for the letters "https://" at the beginning of your website URL in your web browser. The "s" means that the web connection is secure.Cookies and Monitoring
When you use our website, your sessions may be monitored. We utilize web tools to collect information that will help us optimize our website, offers, forms and other features that will make our customers and visitors' experiences better.
EU users: We only conduct business in the United States of America.Email Communication and Email Opt-out Policy
Email sent within the meridianhm.com website is secure. However, email sent to us through other means may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. Therefore, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as social security or account numbers to us via an unsecured email. Such communications should be sent to us via postal mail or you may call 1-877-878-0100 or visit one of our branches.
If you prefer that we do not send you email communications, you may opt-out of those services. That is, you may direct us not to use your email address as part of our marketing efforts. If you wish to opt-out of email communications, you may do so by replying to an existing email with your request to be removed from the mailing list or visiting our opt-out page here.
Social Media Policy
Due to the public nature of social media websites, do not share your personal and confidential information over these websites. In particular, interactions with Meridian Home Mortgage's company pages through comments or responses are largely public, which can be viewed and archived by third-parties. Instead, you should contact Meridian Home Mortgage and our Loan Officers directly through email, phone or our secure website.
Meridian Home Mortgage Corporation's website uses the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third-party websites, including Google, to consumers who have previously visited our website. "Remarketing" refers to a service that helps us reach out to our website visitors—regardless of whether or not they apply or receive a loan from us.
Disclosure for California Users: Online Tracking
When a visitor or customer uses and interacts with our website, Meridian Home Mortgage Corporation may collect Personally Identifiable Information and anonymous information about your online activities over time and across different websites. When a visitor or customer inputs personal information into the Meridian Home Mortgage Corporation website, we do not allow other parties to collect this information. We do not allow other parties to collect Personally Identifiable Information about consumers' online activities over time and across different websites when the consumer uses our website.
Effective January 1, 2020
Under the CCPA, Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Data”)
Categories of Personal Data
During the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Data:
- Personal unique identifiers, such as full name and federal or state issued identification numbers including Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number
- Personal information, including contact details such as telephone number and address and financial information such as account number and balance.
- Characteristics of protected classes or groups under state or federal law, such as sex or marital status
- Purchase information, such as products and services obtained and transaction histories
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints and voiceprints
- Internet or online information such as browsing history, and information regarding interaction with our websites, applications, or advertisements
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information; and
- Inferences based on information about an individual to create a summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
During the past 12 months, we have also disclosed the categories of Personal Data listed above for our business purposes. We have not, however, sold Personal Data that is subject to the CCPA’s sale limitations. The CCPA defines a “sale” as the disclosure of Personal Data for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Why We Collect Personal Data and How We Use It
The purposes for which we collect and use Personal Data depend on, among other things, our relationship or interaction with a specific California resident
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share information to obtain a quote or receive information regarding a product or service, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. We may also save your information to market new products and services to you.
- To provide you with support, information and to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide you with email campaigns and other notices specific to our products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To complete a transaction that is covered under the requirements set forth in CCPA.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. WE WILL NEVER SELL YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIESSources of Personal Data
The sources from which we collect Personal Data depend on, among other things, our relationship or interaction with a specific California resident. The information below lists the categories of sources from which we collect Personal Data in different contexts.
- From California residents directly, or other individuals acting on their behalf, through physical (e.g., paper application), audible (e.g., phone), or electronic (e.g., website, social media) sources.
- Public records or widely available sources, including information from the media, and other records and information that are made available by federal, state, or local government entities.
- Outside companies or organizations that provide data to support activities such as fraud prevention, underwriting, and marketing.
- When a visitor or customer uses and interacts with our website, Meridian Home Mortgage Corporation may collect Personally Identifiable Information and anonymous information about your online activities over time and across different websites. When a visitor or customer inputs personal information into the Meridian Home Mortgage Corporation website, we do not allow other parties to collect this information. We do not allow other parties to collect Personally Identifiable Information about consumers' online activities over time and across different websites when the consumer uses our website.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Data
The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Data depend on, among other things, our relationship or interaction with a specific California resident. The information below lists the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Data in different contexts.
- Outside companies or organizations with whom we share Personal Data as part of providing products and services, completing transactions.
- Companies or individuals that represent California residents such as an accountant, financial advisor, or holding power of attorney.
- Government agencies including to support regulatory and legal requirements.
- Outside companies or organizations, including service providers, to whom we provide Personal Data to support human resource activities and workforce management.
- Outside companies or organizations, in connection with routine or required reporting, including consumer reporting agencies and other parties.
- WE WILL NEVER SELL YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Requests Under the CCPA
The CCPA Provides California consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. California residents have the right to request that Meridian disclose certain information to them about Meridian’s collections and use of California consumer’s personal information over the last 12 months.
Right to Know
Once Meridian receives and confirms a verifiable consumer request (See Verification Process) we will disclose the following information:
- A description of the categories of personal information collected by the business in the preceding 12 months.
- The commercial and business purposes for which the personal information is collected.
- The categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months.
- The categories of third parties with which personal information is shared
- The specific pieces of information Meridian gathered about the California Resident.
- Delete Personal Data we collected from you (“Deletion Request”).
If you are a California resident, a business may not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Responding to Requests
Privacy and data protection laws, other than the CCPA, apply to much of the Personal Data that we collect, use, and disclose. When these laws apply, Personal Data may be exempt from, or outside the scope of, Access Requests and Deletion Requests. As a result, in some instances, we may decline all or part of an Access Request or Deletion Request related to this Personal Data. This means that we may not provide some or all of this Personal Data when you make an Access Request. Also, we may not delete some or all of this Personal Data when you make a Deletion Request.
How to Make Requests
If you are a California resident, you can make an Access Request or a Deletion Request by:
- Contacting us at 1.877.878.0100; or
- Submitting your request at https://www.meridianhm.com/about-us/overview/contact-us/