- Salary: Negotiable
- Years of Experience: 3 Years
- Education: Bachelor Degree or Years of Experience
- Position Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Strong understanding of TRID, ECOA, HMDA, FCRA, RESPA, TILA, & E-Sign
- Must have 1-2 years’ mortgage experience with conventional and government loans (including FHA and VA loans)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills sufficient to interact with all levels of staff. Must be detail oriented, dependable, and flexible to work in an ever growing and changing environment
- 2-3 years RECENT compliance related experience (Mortgage Compliance preferred)
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office programs and various mortgage industry related software packages
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Must be able to function independently and still successfully work in a team environment
- Well organized, detail oriented, efficient, and a self-starter with ability to work under deadlines
- Experience with CALYX and Encompass LOS a plus
Day to Day Duties
- Maintain a strong understanding of mortgage related federal regulations and acts including, but not limited to: TRID, ECOA, HMDA, FCRA, RESPA, TILA, & E-Sign
- Monitor lending related activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, and state and/or regulatory requirements
- Review the pipeline from an ECOA standpoint to insure company posted timelines are being adhered to and required notifications are provided
- Complete HMDA data in Loan Origination System and insure data is entered correctly on all loans.
- Responsible for HMDA data collection and reporting
- Support the Compliance Department with regard to the conducting scheduled QC and compliance review functions, monitoring and testing, tracking industry compliance updates, creation of compliance related communication, and assist or act as a lead for various applicable Compliance Department project implementations.
- Assist with coordinating employee internal training program
- Other duties as may be assigned.
About Meridian Home Mortgage
We started off as a small, family-owned mortgage company in 2001. Over the years, we have organically grown through a recession into a trusted Carroll County business that employs over 100 people. We have done this by keeping one main goal in mind: treat every family the way we would like ours to be treated.
We aim to better the lives of people, especially veterans, and we put our money where our mouths are by paying all upfront fees for our refinance customers. We take care of our customers, and our A+ Better Business Bureau Rating is the result of that dedication.
True work-life balance is important, and our teams excel at personal time management. We also provide 100% company-paid health benefits for employees and family members.
We were honored with the 2008 & 2010 Inc. 5000 Award for being one of the fastest-growing and most innovative, privately-held companies in America. And, we keep growing and improving.
If you feel you are the right candidate to join our expanding team, then please apply so we can get started building something even better together!