- Salary: Inquire
- Years of Experience: 2 Years
- Education: Highschool
- Position Type: Full Time
As a Systems Administrator and full-time employee, the incumbent will provide day-to-day technical support for Meridian Staff along with various computer, server and network administration.
The incumbent within this position must possess the technical expertise, and knowledge of principles and practices of supporting Windows (in an enterprise environment), network security, LAN/WAN communications, and server management operating in a high-availability environment. Must have the ability to participate effectively on project teams to help drive successful completion, meeting timeline, quality and budget targets. Must be able to communicate effectively with IT Department staff, as well as end users and third-party providers. Must have the ability to perform technical system recovery and troubleshoot a broad array of devices and configurations across a multi-site footprint.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- (2)+ years of prior experience operating in a similar system administrator role.
- Direct hands-on experience with troubleshooting and support of computers, servers, and network devices operating in a multi-site environment based on Microsoft technology.
- Working knowledge with modern security, system patching, and threat protection best practices, tools, and technologies that are used to protect an enterprise level computing environment.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi configuration and troubleshooting concepts.
- Working knowledge of common support and system administration tasks related to supporting email in a Microsoft Office365/Outlook based messaging environment.
- Work involves special physical demands such as lifting 50 pounds or more, climbing ladders, etc. Lifting of computers, printers, and other computer-related equipment.
- Incumbent to possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Day to Day Duties
- Serve as a primary point of contact supporting technology incidents and requests, including but not limited to:
- End-user Help Desk requests and incident tracking with Spiceworks ticketing system
- Hardware and software support, upgrades and replacement of laptop, desktop, printer and server systems
- Troubleshooting of network and/or server-related incidents.
- Execution of approved network and server requests.
- Perform ongoing systems maintenance and administration activities such as: system patching, backup monitoring, system performance monitoring, security monitoring, etc.
- Execute operational tasks associated with technology infrastructure initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Administer and manage on-premise, datacenter and cloud-based servers
- Deploy laptop and desktop workstations to Meridian staff utilizing imaging software and best practice methodologies
- Deploy and configure network telecommunications devices (network switches, routers, wireless access points, etc.)
- Update network security – maintain access permissions, implement policies, remediate vulnerabilities, etc.
- Ordering technology equipment when needed
- Manage Volume Licensing Service Center
- Actively participate in activities as a member of the Meridian Information Technology team, helping to drive achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field to include course work in machine assembler computer languages, and operating systems and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi- tasking computers.
- A+ Certification
- Net+ Certification
- Current Microsoft certifications in Desktop, Server, Exchange and/or Office365
- Current Cisco certification of CCNA
About Meridian Home Mortgage
What do professional massages, BBQ food trucks, omelet waffle bars, and wine paint nights have in common? Together, they are a part of the many events that Meridian Home Mortgage has hosted for employees this year.
Why did we do this? Because exceptional customer service and performance starts with employee health and happiness. Investing in our company culture, benefits plans, and staff development has always been a high priority within Meridian. Our 97% retention rate speaks to our success in creating an exceptional work environment for employees.
At Meridian, we preach true work-life balance for personal time management. We offer generous PTO packages and 100% company-paid health benefits to keep employees at the top of their games emotionally and physically.
Overall, there’s a reason the Baltimore Business Journal awarded Meridian first place in their 2017 Best Places to Work contest. Apply today and let us know how you can make our award-winning team even better.