- Salary: Negotiable
- Years of Experience: 3 - 5 Years
- Education: Bachelor Degree Required
- Position Type: Full Time
Meridian Home Mortgage is looking for a motivated web developer to join our marketing team. Our ideal candidate is a problem-solver who has a wide spectrum of knowledge in front-end web development. This candidate will have a strong drive to learn and further develop their skills as they work alongside our designer, back-end developer, and agency-grade marketing team.
Our ideal candidate will have proven success in executing marketing tactics for a marketing agency or an in-house marketing team. They will have a portfolio (or codepen, github/public repository, code samples, etc.) and skillset to brag about.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of full-time experience working for an agency or in-house marketing department
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Experience with a content management system (preferably WordPress)
- Proficient in HTML5 and CSS3 (media queries, flexbox, grid, pseudo elements, animations)
- Experience working with vector/SVGs
- Knowledge of cross-browser testing and optimization (including IE)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as image optimization and support for web
- Ability to work from and bring to life wireframes and concepts provided from our in-house designer
- Working knowledge of UI/UX best practices, as well as responsive development
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with GIT
- Ability to work well autonomously, as well as collaborate with the greater team
- Ability to multitask
Day to Day Duties
- Building out new web material for the website, while working through the process alongside the marketing team
- Front-end focus on scalability, usability, and optimization of new or existing pages
- Providing input and collaborating with the team on fresh ideas and new projects
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in B2C space
- Experience in mortgage or finance industries
About Meridian Home Mortgage
What do professional massages, BBQ food trucks, omelet waffle bars, and wine paint nights have in common? Together, they are a part of the many events that Meridian Home Mortgage has hosted for employees this year.
Why did we do this? Because exceptional customer service and performance starts with employee health and happiness. Investing in our company culture, benefits plans, and staff development has always been a high priority within Meridian. Our 97% retention rate speaks to our success in creating an exceptional work environment for employees.
At Meridian, we preach true work-life balance for personal time management. We offer generous PTO packages and 100% company-paid health benefits to keep employees at the top of their games emotionally and physically.
Overall, there’s a reason the Baltimore Business Journal awarded Meridian first place in their 2017 Best Places to Work contest. Apply today and let us know how you can make our award-winning team even better.